IAP is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities /
Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Project Manager Construction Services - OH, MI, GA, IN, NC
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide initial client contact, assess the job requirements, and develop a detailed scope of work.
· Perform conceptual estimates based on the scope of work.
· Prepare bid package documentation.
· Oversee competitive bid process with sub-contractors.
· Manage relationships with architectural, engineering, and sub-contracting firms.
· Manage numerous construction projects concurrently, ensuring all jobs run smoothly, are delivered on time, and within budget.
· Conduct ongoing project progress meetings.
· Ensure proper project job costing.
· Work with accounting team to ensure accurate and timely job invoicing and progress payments.
Education and Qualifications
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Engineering, or Construction Management, however Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
· 5+ years as a Construction Project Manager managing the full life cycle of commercial projects.
· Experience in commercial construction projects between $2-$25 million in size.
· Highly professional verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to multi-task and manage a demanding workload.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Highly proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Experience estimating construction projects and leveraging commercial estimating software.
· Ability to make day trips throughout the State of Ohio on a regular basis.
· Consistent employment history.:
· P.E. or other Architectural & Engineering designations.
· Experience with Construction Management Technologies.
· Experience with Construction Accounting Software.
· Accelerated knowledge of PROCORE (Construction Management Software).
The Construction Estimator will support IAP by utilizing their expertise gathered from working in the industry, along with construction plans to estimate necessary expenditures and devise a budget. The Construction Estimator will report directly to the Director of Estimating.
Our established construction and construction management firm is growing its clientele, and we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Estimator to join our team of professionals. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in construction and Design- Build project management, be organized, motivated, detail-oriented and driven. We are offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience, along with an outstanding benefits package. This is the perfect opportunity to build a career at a leading Federal and commercial construction firm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop project budgets and plans for projects, and calculating the total cost of the project.
- Prepare bids and cost estimates that address every part of a project.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, material, and labor estimate
- Manage of identifying the scope of work for each subcontractor.
- Manage communication with IAP subcontractors and vendors to obtain bids.
- Complete analysis of subcontractor quotes per the construction documents and the established scope of work.
- Track historical data from past project for conceptual estimating.
- Ensure accuracy of all cost estimates submitted by a contractor.
- Generate a complete scope of general conditions as need for the scope of work for a project.
- Provide estimation of labor, material and equipment needed for a project.
- Re-figure cost estimates when necessary for addendum's and or changes.
- Review IAP general conditions with upper management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management.
- 5-10 years’ experience in construction processes.
- Experience working in the construction industry, specifically experience with Federal projects, commercial projects, and private construction projects.
- Proficient experience in estimating Design-Build projects at 30%, 60% and 90% design documents.
- Proficient experience in conceptual and hard bid estimating.
- Must have strong math and science skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of how to read ad comprehend blueprints.
- Knowledge of the complex workings of plumbing, electrical, ventilation, heating and air conditioning systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, Word, Excel and Power point.
- Experience in using On-center software for take offs.
- Experience in using Quick Bid software for estimating a plus.
- Knowledge of how to use file transfer programs to send large drawing files to contractors.
- Knowledge of how to use complex project management software and construction scheduling software.
- Ability to work full-time (8am – 5pm)
- Time is spent in an office environment
- Must be able to travel to locations to meet with clients if required and attending pre-bid meetings
- Must be able to work in high pressure situations facing strict deadlines.